Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Heading Out West

I leave tomorrow for the Southwest! I will be spending the rest of this week in southern New Mexico, visiting with PCA pastors and churches in Alamogordo, Las Cruces, and El Paso, to make them aware of The Duke City Project. As many of these brothers are church planters themselves, I hope to do as much listening as talking!
I will then make a quick trip west to visit with some Arizona pastors, again with an eye toward raising support, then head back to Albuquerque for even more fundraising, as well as to visit with some perspective core group members. Somewhere during this trip I hope to visit with my brother and his wife, my aunt and uncle, and some close friends.
All together, please pray that this trip will not only be a success in terms of fundraising, and prayer raising, but that God will use this time to sharpen my vision of what church He will build in Albuquerque. I am also looking forward to some long drives in the rental car, so that I can spend some personal time in prayer and worship. Finally, please pray for Carrie and the boys while I am away. Twelve days is a long time for the four of us to be apart!
Thank you, friends and family, for praying for me, my family, and this project. Keep seeking God and knocking on the gates of His Kingdom, and He will continue to guide us, protect us, and lead us to places and people we can hardly imagine!
To our Great God be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember Jim and Katy Bailey? They live up in Cloudcroft...you should stop and see them too! They have a great retreat center up there, called Cloudcroft. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete