Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Update: Between Two Worlds

Stealing from John Stott's book on preaching, I feel more and more that I am Between Two Worlds. On one hand, I am living in South Louisiana, where I have made my home the last three years. My children attend school here. We have friends here, a 'routine' here. And yet, my heart and my future are a thousand miles away, in Albuquerque. And awaiting me there is a house we haven't bought yet, along with a church that doesn't yet exist! Strange days indeed.
Please pray for me and my family in the following ways:
1) For the sale of our house in Houma. We've had some interest, but 'traffic' has slowed down the past couple of weeks. We'd love to accept an offer on the house in the next two weeks...say, before Mother's Day. Please pray to that end.
2) For my upcoming trip to Michigan, in mid-May. I'm making plans to seeing friends and family in Battle Creek, Lansing, and the Detroit area, along with talking with a few churches about support. Please pray that the trip would be fruitful in every way.
3) For my family as we live in this 'now but not yet' phase. We're called to Albuquerque, but can't leave yet. And there are still many friends in Houma we plan on contacting before our departure...many phone calls to friends around the country...please pray that we would enjoy this season of our lives, that God would open up new avenues of trust and dependency upon Him and His grace.
Thanks for your interest in the Duke City Project!

1 comment: